This user hasn't shared any profile information
Home page: http://www.quinnbrettler.com
Posts by quinnbrettler
Have you ever wanted to know who my favorite Spice Girl is, or what makes me weird? No? Oh well, here’s a video listing 50 of the most random facts about me!
It also includes two new announcements! That I may be moving… very soon… for a new opportunity!
I decided that since I’m turning 25 soon (ahh!), I should complete one of my goals: to run (and survive…!) a 5k! Let me make this clear: I am NOT a runner. I’ve always thought running was boring, which is why I usually get my workout in the form of a fun class, dancing or doing pilates, or some other activity. So my first 5k couldn’t be any regular ol’ 5k… I chose the Cosmic Run!
And guess what? I survived!
Last year, I was at the finish line of the Boston Marathon when I experienced the most terrifying moment of my life. Within 12 seconds, two bombs went off – one less than 20 feet away from me. I am EXTREMELY lucky to be safe and physically unharmed from this tragic event.
This year’s Boston Marathon is coming up, and obviously this is a very special time for Boston. The anniversary of the bombings means so much to so many people. The city of Boston has been so resilient over the past year. While I moved away last August, Boston will always have a special place in my heart. So I decided, on the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings, I would tell my story from that day last year, and pay tribute to the victims and their families… while going on a run.
The Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games are going on right now (duh) in Sochi, Russia, and you know I love the Olympics! Since I’m not in Sochi for these ones, I decided to make watching the Games from home a little more fun!
Introducing… the Official Sochi 2014 Drinking Game!
I’ve come up with 14 rules, because, well, it’s 2014… obviously.
Follow these rules, play along, and I guarantee you will have fun watching the Olympics (you just might not remember it…).
First, a couple of notes:
– In general, this should be done with vodka. Because… RUSSIA. But make sure it’s mixed with a lot of soda or something… We don’t want anyone dying.
– Please don’t drink and drive.
– If you’re not legal to drink… just don’t.
Now for THE RULES! Take a sip of your drink:
1. Every time you see Putin at an event.
2. Whenever Bob Costas’s eye is mentioned… yikes.
3. Drink every time you laugh at an athlete’s name. iPod, anyone?
4. Every time a team or athlete has a really ugly (aka awesome!) uniform. This will mostly only happen if you watch Norwegian Curling…
5. Each time you see someone wearing something stereotypically Russian… like a fur hat.
6. Any time you see an ironic commercial – for example, we all know athletes don’t drink a bunch of Coca Cola or eat at McDonald’s very often… DRINK!
7. Every time you see a really intense commercial, showing athletes in slow motion or black and white.
8. Every time someone is mentioned as “the youngest” or “the first ever” in anything.
9. Whenever someone says twizzle, triple lutz, or any other ice skating or dancing term you don’t understand. In addition to drinking, you can also start Googling…
10. Every time someone does a YOLO flip… because, YOLOOOOO!!
11. Whenever someone falls. If you watch any competition on the halfpipe, this will get you extremely drunk.
12. Every time your home country wins a medal.
13. Every time the announcers think that your country is going to win.. and then they don’t. So far this would’ve applied to Shaun White and Shani Davis… wahhhhhh
14. AND if you really want to get wasted… drink every time you see the Olympic rings… yep.
The team at Yes To (Carrots, Grapefruit, etc.) sent me a care package of all kinds of wonderful moisturizing, exfoliating, enhancing things…
In my newest video, I talk about what you guys think we should always say YES to, and open up my new Yes To goodies!
Ooh and GUESS WHAT?! For the month of March, here’s a special coupon so you can get your own Yes To stuff! Go on, say YES to it! 😉
The Super Bowl is a time for people all over the world to watch amazing athletic talent, and appreciate its beauty, it’s brawn, and…
It’s bingyness (yep, just made up that word).
We sit and watch the players on the field get the best workout of their lives, while we do the opposite: sit on our couches and eat and drink a lot (but we burn some calories cheering… right?).
But why not make this binging organized? That’s why I’ve created:
The Official Super Bowl Drinking Game. With 8 general Super Bowl rules, and 4 (5, if you count my predictions) rules specific to Super Bowl 47, it’s sure to make you have a fun time, pay attention to the game, and get really drunk… yep (drink responsibly, please).
Want to play along with me during Super Bowl 47 (you know you do!)?? I’ll be streaming LIVE from my channel during the game, starting at 4pm EST (1pm PST) Sunday, February 3rd! It will definitely be entertaining, considering I’ll be playing this (possibly-deadly) drinking game…!
Tonight, starting at 7pm EST (4pm PST), I will be live streaming the Golden Globe Awards, alongside (aka sitting on the couch next to) TV personality Kayla Harrity and fashion blogger Emily Gaeman! We’ll be wearing fancy dresses, chatting, tweeting, laughing, AND playing the official Golden Globes drinking game (with some cheap champagne…) during the whole awards show!
When we go live, I’ll post the live stream right here, so just come back here at 7PM EST TONIGHT to have some fun with us girls!
See you tonight!
I was nominated for a Likeable Award for Most Likeable Video Blogger, in the category with Jenna Marbles, Steve Garfield, and 3 other vloggers, and somehow, thanks to a lot of support from my family, coworkers, and friends, I gathered enough votes to win! I, along with my boss (who was nominated for Most Likeable CEO), and one of my coworkers, Allison, flew to New York City to attend the day-long Likeable U conference, learn about social media marketing, and accept my award. It was a great day, and I, of course, vlogged my award acceptance speech!
If you’ve seen even 1 of my videos, you probably know I’m a nerd. I love social media. I even do social media for a living!
So it should be no surprise to you that I made a song parody to Call Me, Maybe – called (duh) Tweet Me, Maybe! I recorded and mixed the track, and then enlisted my roommate Chelsea‘s help when it came time to make the video – she was a great sport! I don’t know how I got lucky enough to have a roommate who will not only put up with my crazy video antics, but actually encourage them AND participate in them! Thanks, Chelsea!
Oh, and we had a lot of bloopers too…
Boloco, the restaurant chain I do social media marketing for, sponsored an awesome event called A Cappella Palooza, which was a concert with the performers of NBC’s The Sing-Off, to fundraise to cure cancer. Not only was it an amazing concert (I definitely got chills multiple times!), but I got to go to the VIP after party, where I mingled with and interviewed many of the night’s singers!
There’s still more interviews from this night that I haven’t edited yet, so keep checking back!