BROADCAST AND MULTIMEDIA JOURNALISM EXPERIENCE
KGW-TV (PORTLAND, OR) – MAY 2014 – PRESENT
- Report on fun events happening around Portland (producing the segments myself), and created and host the weekly Station Break podcast. I also fill in for the Traffic Reporter.
98.7 THE BULL (PORTLAND, OR) – JUNE 2015 – PRESENT
- Host the overnight music show from midnight to 5am Monday-Friday. Try to keep people awake and entertained during the odd hours of the morning!
YOUTUBE.COM/CASSIDYQUINN – JAN 2010-PRESENT
Make videos about everything: sports, social media, top 10 things (about anything… seriously), entertainment, song parodies, cooking shows, live streams, and tech reviews.
VIRGIN ATLANTIC (LONDON, UK) – OCT 2013
- Flew to London to cover the NFL International Series game between the Jaguars and the 49ers. Reported at the game, and practices & events leading up to it. Also video blogged the entire experience on my YouTube channel.
OCHO CINCO NEWS NETWORK (Indianapolis, IN) – JAN-FEB 2012
- Interviewed athletes at Media Day, the Media Center, and various red carpet events during Super Bowl Week, and video blogged the Super Bowl.
- Content posted at motorola.com/blog, and on the Motorola YouTube channel, MotorolaTV.
LONDON 2012 NEW MEDIA & WEBSITE (London, UK) – JULY 2012-AUG 2012
- London 2012 Summer Olympic Games, stationed at the Main Press Centre inside the Olympic Park.
- Created content for London 2012’s social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Voice of the Games (London 2012’s live blog), and London2012.com.
VANCOUVER 2010 OLYMPIC & PARALYMPIC NEWS SERVICE (Whistler, BC) – JAN 2010-MARCH 2010
Interviewed athletes at the Whistler Sliding Centre, Whistler Creekside, & Whistler Paralympic Park before and after competition and training runs. Posted quotes & articles on Info2010 during the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
MASHABLE.COM – JULY 2012-AUG 2012
- Created video content for Mashable’s London 2012 coverage, reporting on social media and technology use.
- Content was posted on the front page of Mashable.com.
EMERSON SPORTS TV – SEPT 2008-MAY 2011
Interviewed athletes, coaches, and fans during NCAA basketball and volleyball games.
BOLOCO (Boston, MA) – SEPT 2012-AUG 2013
- Ran social media for the restaurant chain: YouTube, Twitter, Vine, Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Traveled around the world creating videos about the origin of Boloco’s ingredients and globally inspired menu items for Boloco’s YouTube channel: BolocoTV.
- Best Sports & Mobile Site (London 2012) – Webby Awards, 2013
- Most Likeable Video Blogger – Likeable Awards, 2012
- Winner of Virgin Atlantic’s #RedHotReporter Contest, 2013
- Winner of Super Bowl Reporter Contest: OCNN & Motorola, 2012
- Outstanding Blogger (nomination) – Boston Nightlife Awards, 2012
Emerson College, Boston, MA (and Los Angeles Program Summer 2010)
B.S. in Broadcast Journalism, May 2011
B.A. in Theatre Studies: Performance, May 2011
Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Grass Valley, Basic Photoshop, Basic Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, Audacity, WordPress, Social Media (YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Yelp), & Multitasking.